Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christchurch, NZ

Hey everybody!

Well, I finally made it to the ice. It's been a long couple of days, but I finally got a chance to post some pictures. We are busy testing equipment and getting it ready to send to the deep field. We've uncovered a major problem with one of our sensor cables so it looks like we will have to take them all apart and re-pin them. That means plenty of long days/nights in the lab for the next week or so. But other than that all is well.

Ok, on to the pictures. These are just some shots I took while I was in New Zealand. I'll try and post some pictures from the ice in the next day or two.




The wizard! This guy is a real nut job. He stands on a ladder in front of the cathedral and preaches to anyone who will listen. He actually has some pretty offensive stuff to say, but no one takes him very seriously. He was good for a laugh or two while I ate lunch.



Here is the beautiful town of Christchurch, NZ. I rank it up there with Madison and Boulder as one of my favorite cities. There is a little stream that runs through town...and it's loaded with brown trout!





Ah, the Christchurch botanic gardens. Absolutely gorgeous. Way better than MO botanical gardens. And they're free! I spent an afternoon here taking pictures and reading a book. I had to take in all the green I could before heading south.

Ok, that's all for now. I'll get some pics from McMurdo up in the next day or two. Now I'm off to get some sleep.

1 comment:

Shaneo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.